KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

This is a post from aquaman on ss. From Dr Kelly's blog about...

1. 106 Posts.
    This is a post from aquaman on ss.

From Dr Kelly's blog about Phenoxodiol: "The impetus to investigate whether phenoxodiol might provide any protective effect from adverse side-effects of chemotherapy came from observations in the laboratory that mice treated with combinations of phenoxodiol-carboplatin and phenoxodiol-docetaxel showed less evidence of toxicity that when carboplatin and docetaxel were used alone".

From Inspire.com: "Aquilegia" - March 14, 2009 Hi is anybody on the Ovature trial? If so I would be very interested to know how you are getting on. I have been on it for some months now and am progressing well ... March 15, 2009 I have been on this trial for over four months ... June 21, 2009 Of course, from what I can see the drug phenoxodial shows great promise, and what is more it seems to reduce the side-effects of the regular chemo drugs which is brilliant.

If we can take "Aquilegia" at her word, by 21 June 2009 she would have been in the Ovature trial for about SEVEN months, which IMO makes her a phenoxodiol patient. If so, her comment that "phenoxodiol...seems to reduce the side-effects of the regular chemo drugs" would seem to be based on personal experience - and consistent with Dr Kelly's observations.

Novogen know the approximate PFS of each patient (from the time they remained on trial) and they would have closely monitored the side-effects exhibited in each patient. Might this explain why the company decided to spend a large amount of precious cash on a new CRO, in order to accelerate collection of data from the Ovature trial?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.