foreclosure fenzy in victoria , page-46

1. 845 Posts.
    The figure of 3.3 investment properties and 30k in cash is a quote from Alan Kohler on the 7pm news I saw about six months ago.

I am not sure how it is figured in terms of the number of total properties though yes it does sound like a lot of properties when you figure it out. Perhaps as the wikipedia link states there is in fact a lot of properties out there that are left empty as they are land banked.

I thought it was an interesting figure that is not much discussed.

People may want to pick out small points that do not have a quote as to their source, but their has been no response from the wikipedia link that I posted. This is a heavy reference in the corner of the bears. Any comments in relation to this?

----------------------------
    "Property values would have to drop a long way down and interest rates would have to rise a long way up before it would impact their life styles.
    These are the people that are your competitors and if prices drop, these are the people with the spare cash so what ever you do, don't hold your breath."
    -----------------------------
    Rampage01
    I am not holding my breath. It will take a loooongg time before people who hold these 'assets' realise that their capital has diminished and the dividends are less than what they could get from holding cash. At which point the tide will be out.

I am not convinced it would be a shock event such as what happened in the US. It may rather take the form of a silent hissing as wages outstrip stagnant or falling house prices.... a silent crash.

bassyabbie, looking to colliers (realtor) for advice is like asking your drug dealer, "do I look alright?" :0) .. no offence, just thought it was a bit funny to quote a real estate agency on the health of property.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.