QAN 0.17% $6.02 qantas airways limited

Bonza,I truly believe like all other investments, strategy is...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Bonza,

I truly believe like all other investments, strategy is everything. You do not buy a house in the middle of a poor community and expect ithe value of the house to boom. You do not buy shares in a company that has zero track record in making profits and you do not give your money away to a entrepreneur to gamble away when you do not know him/ her. The successful investor usually has a plan, otherwise known as a strategy. To make money, you need a successful strategy, sadly, QAN does not seem to have one.

Creating a LCC was always a questionable and risky move, Jetstar just has not performed at all and never will IMO. Hundreds of millions gone there.

Ask yourself this, if you owned a restaurant that could sell meals for $30 per main course, why would you open a cafe up right next door that offered mains at $ $7? That is just an analogy but that is effectively what Qantas has done with setting up Jetstar. One competes against the other ( at a huge cost to set up), so why would you do it? This is not my anti company employee rant but a serious question to all. The strategy is wrong and the numbers do not lie. AJ has had 5 years to get things right but this has not happened, seems we are still rolling down the hill backwards!

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.809B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.96 $20.09M 3.352M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 $6.01

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.02 57851 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.