GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

foreign exchange risk

1. 411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    When I thought we could see the light after this capital raising I read articles about forex exposure on gbg. when will the bad news end!!!. A rising $A or more to the point a collapsing $US is not all bad news. Sure gbg may need more $us to fund their construction phase but hey this is only part of the story. if the $A remains high into 2012,2013 and beyond then gbg will require fewer $A to retire that $US debt. The other thing to realize is that as the $us declines prices of commodities such as iron ore and gold tend to rise in $Us terms providing somewhat a natural hedge. The key I think is what will happen to the $A after gbg goes into production. If the currency slides back to 0.80 then this is when the real forex loss occurs. My gut feel is that $A will remain strong for many years as the US is effectively bankrupt and is likely to keep interest rates near 0 percent and probably continue to print money. Forex problem? What forex problem? Come on let's get positive on this one !!!!!!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.