ok maybe it wasn't a specific attack on australia, in which case...

1. 846 Posts.
    ok maybe it wasn't a specific attack on australia, in which case i was off target. However, some of the comments re: cost of living, politicians etc are pretty easy to imagine being directed against one's home country

Well, I've lived in 4 countries, visited/worked in ~25 (originally from Canada). That by no means makes me an expert on the world I agree. But seriously, Australia right now is one hell of a lot better place to be than the US, Ireland, UK, most of the eurozone. Here there are jobs for pretty much everyone who wants them. And that is just the OECD i am comparing to. Are we seriously going to suggest the average Australian doesn't have a way better quality of life than most in South Asia, India, South America? Even when I visit my friends back in Canada they are amazed at the opportunities here, the weather, the minimal amounts we have been touched by the GFC..

Yes, sure it could all go to crap a la Ireland housing boom combined with a Chinese slow down etc. But as we type, I seriously can't think of a better country to live in.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.