Foreign Research, page-2

1. 10,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Reason for asking the question is because in 2016 I asked some questions to a variety of organisations in the Scientific Research sector about funding and employment and none of the Universities and Government Research Funding organisations where prepared to reveal any information as to results and underemployment in the scientific community. Zilch

Wondering if Research Funding provided by private donors might be better spent and more productive for every dollar of expenditure and additionally if the $1.6 Billion were opened up to include Asian and Indian Research Communities which one would imagine would number in the millions and be much cheaper than Australian wages and lab operating costs. I'm thinking some competition would make the secret society become more open to answering basic questions instead of shunning questioning. What government appear to be doing today is providing welfare funding to the research community without expecting a return for the public good.

By that I mean is that Scientists get free funding for research from private donors and government funding which they then use to commercialize their findings by getting themselves patents for new meds etc without being of financial benefit for the public good and our Medical health funds and PBS still have to pay top dollar to provide medical cures. There appears to be no accountability in our public and private funding models.
    Last edited by Gillysrooms: 16/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.