FMG 1.90% $22.00 fortescue ltd

Hi Nolan, the tall poppy syndrome in Australia is an interesting...

1. 88 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Hi Nolan, the tall poppy syndrome in Australia is an interesting thing. I think we are all prepared to applaud those who achieve something great or small. But it is what happens that follows that makes the poppy tall and ripe to be cut down. It is when they are firstly put on a pedestal and are presented by there own self promotion or that of others as demi gods and secondly the attracting of a crowd of acolytes, devotees and worshippers that the problem arises. Next, if the person is continually held up, or holds their self up for general adoration or something like it, people will start to look into the detail of the poppy's life. Fault will be found in many. Thus the cutting down occurs.

I am just saying he is no hero, he is just a naughty boy, to quote that great film on this subject, Life of Brien, but a successful one all the same.

I hope he is successful with the the solar/hydrogen/iron enterprise and would like to invest in such a thing but I will need to get over the Forrest thing first but that is my problem to deal with.

Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.