OCV octaviar limited

R100-"I felt puzzled that PIF was supporting/lending to a...

1. 206 Posts.
    R100-"I felt puzzled that PIF was supporting/lending to a competitor in the tourist industry.

But when PIF supports builders building Stella resorts it is said to be lending to related parties....

Cant win either way."

Perhaps they were hedging their bets. Either way, the Australian article last thursday "Tourism giant Stella nears collapse" reports that MFS only got into the travel sector from 2005. If so, this post dates PIF's lending.

Wow, what a flurry of press reports we had late last week denying Stella was on the brink. (Even Qantas touted its support.) Hmmm - perhaps the Aussie newspapers were a little concerned about the loss of even more advertising revenue? They don't always seem so keen to correct blatant questioning of company's stability - do they now?

Perhaps as telling as the flurry of Practice Notes issued by Aussie law firms after the recent Octaviar decision and their 'observations' that the decision is expected to be appealed.

Am I out of touch with reality or is this getting more and more interesting. We've got a ticked off QLD Public Trustee, a Joint Committee Inquiry, practice changing court decisions, behaviour that suggests newspapers and law firms are leaning into the wind, class actions, 'town hall' meetings, front page features of ruined seniors, polo playing millionaires, an upstart stock exchange, forum bans, ASIC action, alleged rent a crowd street protests, Packer, etc etc. Is this sensational or am I just naive? If I hadn't lost so much I'd probably enjoy the show.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.