GTP 0.00% 12.0¢ great southern limited

forestry inquiry must review g.t.p. land sale

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi fellow tree huggers

been a while,but you would all know that Bingo bank and others got a black eye over the Statement of discovery.It makes you wonder what Bingo bank has to hide or maybe didn't hide.
    Kelly and Mac,and Dennis&Co. on the cattle and all the tree scemes have their work cut out,and I should suspect that the opposition will want to deal.

Gump,our new RE only test samples 10% of each ot the schemes,aaand just on that I smell another class action.But considering the hatred for Gunns,and the monty python carry on in the Tammar Valley,I am inclined Gunns is only shooting blanks.

In the meantime,tell the federal Labour government NOT to spend 1c. of taxpayers money on this pulp mill,break any body who touches great southern plantations

Come across this article that will put a smile on your face

enjoy

article from Stock&Land

Forestry Inquiry must review Great Southern land sale: VFF
    14 Apr, 2011 04:14 AM
    VICTORIAN farmers are calling for the Terms of Reference of the current Senate Inquiry into the Sale of Timber Assets by the South Australian Government to be expanded to review the recent sale of the Great Southern Plantations forestry assets to an overseas interest and other current receiverships involving future sales of forestry land.

Victorian Farmers Federation (VFF) President Andrew Broad said the VFF was leading the call for the Senate Inquiry�s Terms of Reference to be expanded to include a review of:

why Australian farmers were excluded from the bidding process for the Great Southern Plantation land sale;

why the Federal Government approved the sale when it was aware that Australian farmers were interested in buying the land;

why the Federal Government approved the sale while it was conducting a study of foreign ownership of Australian agricultural farm assets;

whether a fairer market value would have been achieved by including farmers in the bidding process;
    whether it is possible to reopen the sale process to allow farmers to bid for the land;

recommendations for appropriate amendments to the law and regulations to ensure:

(i) the Australian farming community is appropriately consulted on proposed future sales of Australian agricultural assets to overseas interests, including assets under the control of receivers and administrators

(ii) that Australian farmers be given every opportunity to compete for purchasing of such assets.

�The VFF has written to the Inquiry Chairman, Senator Bill Heffernan to obtain his support for expanding the Terms of the Inquiry,� Mr Broad said.

�The VFF is angry that the recent Great Southern Plantations land sale allowed vast areas of valuable prime farming land to be sold to an overseas interest despite interest from Australian farmers to compete in purchasing the land.�

�This is clearly a matter of national significance and the Parliament must treat it with the utmost urgency and importance. The Great Southern Plantation land sale could be played out again in other receiverships involving agricultural assets held by Wilmot Forests, Forest Enterprises Australia and the Rewards Group.�

�It is an indictment on the system that a few large secured creditors and an out-dated system of receivership can follow a course of action which may not be in the national interest, is ignored by government and the rights of shareholders and note holders to realise some recovery of their investments is also ignored,� Mr Broad concluded.

VFF
    Source: http://www.vff.org.au

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GTP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.