SGB - if you are profit taking too early on shorter timeframes...

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    SGB - if you are profit taking too early on shorter timeframes thats potentially either a sign of impatience or lack of confidence in your trade plans (I know because I am prone to the same symptoms unless I take preventative measures)?

So will going to longer timeframes be a solution to either of those 2 symptoms?

1. If its impatience, would longer timeframes not be more challenging to patience?

2. If lack of confidence in trade plan how will that be different for a trade plan on a longer timeframe?

So moving to a longer timeframe may be addressing symptoms without addressing the cause?

I would suggest if you are profit taking too early then:

1. If those trades go on to make more profits that you miss out on, then having the confidence to let your trade plan run its course is the solution

or

2. If those trades actually dont go on to make more profits that you miss out on, you're actually not taking profit too early, you're taking profit at the right time.

It seems to me from your posts you're making good calls / picking good setups, maybe review your trades to see what the issue with your trade plans really is (patience, confidence or no problem at all) before changing plans or applying the same plan to a different timeframe.

Just some thoughts from someone who has been there before...

Cheers, Sharks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.