Forex Trading 2018- TA/FA- Setups and discussion, page-1209

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    So does that mean you have more time during the day to work on ideas or prefer to work on ideas during your trading hours in the evening? I spend most of the day doing my research but tend to have a break from 6-9 & then do a few hours late evening.

Re the AU 5 min chart atm I am no expert at trading them (have studied them a lot but haven;t traded them much) my view of EMA crossovers is a shallow crossover such as there is currently is at best a grind upwards but more likely is a bearish wedge which will precipitate a break downwards.

Far more preferable is the earlier example you gave where the short EMA crossed below the longer one - this coincided with a trendline break and the angle of the EMA is steep which suggests price will move quickly in the trend direction - therefore better return for effort trading these crossovers than the current one. These steep crossovers could also precipitate whipsaws of course but appropriate use of stops above the HH's or LL's will cut them off quickly if done right - the assumption being if it is trending in the direction indicated it shouldn't be breaking back above/below previous HH's/LL's it should be making new ones, so if it does, get out.

2018-02-19 AU 5m.png

Cheers, Sharks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.