Forex Trading 2018- TA/FA- Setups and discussion, page-1241

1. 2,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi Sharks

Had a busy day with my group.
    The 5 minute chart to me is quite unique. On a strong move, it clearly shows a correct pattern of HH's & HL's that is easily seen and easily traded. On a good move, you almost never lose a trade and only risk a breakeven trade at worst. Its all over with a few hours so we can go to sleep without any overnight event causing a drama. This may suit some traders who just want to make a few pips in the evening after work and go to bed all safe and sound.
    The only issue is that there will be lots of small wins but less big wins.
    Our exit is when the pattern fails so we are really just trading two bullish or bearish 4 hour candles and there are plenty of these around. The 5 minute chart really needs volume so trading the London trading period works best.
    We trade it of course in the direction of the 4 hour chart.

It also offers the chance to convert it to the four hour chart. For example if you made 75 pips on one trade, you may decide to keep the trade open and run it on the four hour chart for a week.

Its just a fix for traders who likes fast action. The question is what time frame would work best for our group. The four hour chart is easy and can be traded at a time that suits anyone. We also wouldn't need to spend hours and hours of screen time. That may be the first question we need to solve, what time frame Day / H4 / H1 / M5 ?

Lastly I am just testing the Strats Shadow for a few weeks on the M5 to see if the basic 72 EMA works like my normal system. I will say I really like the H4 version because the 72 EMA is very close to the Day 10EMA which suits me perfectly.
    Last edited by RickM: 21/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.