Forex trading 2019 TA/FA setups and discussion, page-137

1. 2,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    Thanks Revy, appreciate that thought!

Yes I've been reading a lot on those topics, tradeview covers it a bit but i'm quite OCD about details and defining every single step in my head and understanding it in and out, and appears there is no black and white answer to what is right or wrong, everything is subject to your EA, the market/s its being applied to and your own style it seems. I've heard some people say 5 indicators is fine, others will scream it's too many. Some day must work on all markets, others say let it just run on one, if it works it works?

An interesting comment i heard in a podcast yesterday re curve fitting too - a good rule of thumb is to look around at your other results and see if they are close. i.e. let's say you're running RSI 30 for an entry, and that works amazing, but as soon as you run 29 it falls off a cliff, that is a red flag of over optimisation, but if 29 performs well, just not as good, then you're not over optimising?

I think there's a lot of perspectives you need to take, this is just one of what i'm sure are hundreds of opinions (probably why i feel it's a lot t take in at once lol). I've already done what you did I think, the EA I started with was actually not mine, it was a spin-of something from a tradeview course i built then took in my own direction;
    -too many indicators
    -indicators I have never used and don't fully understand

So I there was my issue, I was playing with things without fully understanding how the EA was 'supposed' to work in the first place

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.