IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

forget csg -the angst is blowing in the wind, page-11

1. 62 Posts.
    Those are my thoughts also, Sammy. At around 30-35c, the risk/reward equation is nicely balanced. Knock off 5-10c from that because it is always good to be conservative in your judgements. That leaves Infigen in the outright BUY basket anytime it drops into the 20-25c range.

(Disclosure: I got in on it at 20.5c the time before last, that was around July, and sold for 29.5c not long after. I am still kicking myself for neglecting to buy back the next time it dropped (thankyou Marblehead, that was a fine opportunity you and your friends handed me, shame I neglected it) 'cause I was otherwise occupied at the time and too slow to act. But I'll happily jump in again if it drops back into the buy zone anytime soon. Easy money.)

By the way, you have to laugh at some of the detractors' "logic". For example, the claim that Infigen is crippled because there is no demand for more wind power, which is apparently "proved" because Infigen's development pipeline is stationary, which proves the further claim that Infigen has no future and will shortly expire from AIDS, or possibly the Black Death. But it gets better! We are told, in the very next breathless sentence, that Infigen doesn't have any spare money which is why it can't build any more wind farms which is why the company is on Death Row. Beautiful! The company is rooted 'cause wind farms energy is no good (claim #1) AND rooted 'cause it isn't building more more of those useful revenue-creating wind farm thingies!

The reality, as I'm sure you realise, Sammy, is that Origin has screwed the pooch pretty thoroughly. Origin's half-hearted and mismanaged wind farm projects have all failed - in at least one case that I know of, a big one, failed because Origin stupidly attempted to locate a gigantic wind farm right in the middle of a listed significant landscape. If you *tried* to think of a worse place to put a wind farm you would really battle to match it. It was never, ever going to be a genuine starter - but they arrogantly thought they could just crush all opposition and wasted millions trying and failing at the task.

Summary: Origin has comprehensively messed up on its renewables policy, and has now resorted to public redneckery in an attempt to get itself out of trouble. Most people have taken that tactic for what it is worth - i.e., nothing - and Origin's SP has been properly hammered as a result.

(Further disclosure: I once owned Origin shares, sold them for a small loss when they started this stupid campaign, very happy that I got out when I did, cause it's been down, down, down all the way since then. I'll look at investing in Origin again one day when they have got rid of the redneck management and stopped throwing their toys out of the pram.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.