IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

And Origin don't have an axe to grind do they? Let me see. They...

1. 174 Posts.
    And Origin don't have an axe to grind do they? Let me see. They backed CSG and rooftop solar and have been caught short on the RET. They have since been lobbying like crazy to have the target reduced/abolished.

But they have failed: the draft review has recommended retaining the existing target and both the Govt and the Opposition have endorsed the RET as policy. If, as expected the review (and Minister) endorses the RET and proposes that the next review will not be for 4 years, then Origin will be playing catch-up. It already is: witness the Snowtown II PPA.

I agree that Infigen in their current form won't build their development pipeline. But given the massive shortfall from installed capacity to meet the RET, and the lack of a planning pipeline to meet this capacity requirement, ultimately someone will have to build Infigen's development pipeline. Which was why both Origin and AGL were looking to acquire Infigen last year, and if the US assets can be sorted out (the big stumbling block), will almost certainly look again.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.