APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

I wonder what the intent and effect of downramping is then? Take...

1. 1,858 Posts.
    I wonder what the intent and effect of downramping is then? Take posts such as one from "public" over on GDR....

"This share even has it's own Yahoo Group where they all stroke each others ego whilst this share price does nothing. Bulk sampling out soon. Would be great to be a fly on the wall of their forum when this all turns to custard. Lets hear the screams then!! I wonder who will turn on who in the group when it all goes sour. They are all soooo precious. NFI"

Does that want to make you want to buy, sell or just go outside and kick the dog....??

I think a section of the market are probably comforted by much optimism or disconcerted by much pessimism, no matter how misplaced. I remember a lecturer in Marketing 101 referring to it as "postcognitive dissonance" (!!??) ..... where you don't maintain your initial enthusiasm for a purchase decision after you have a chance to think about it. Ramping serves to ward off remorse or nervousness. Sometimes it is difficult to determine whether the motivation is genuine enthusiasm, manipulative self-interest or whatever. I think it was Rogues Trade(?) that said something like "you can pick a ramper by excessive use of "lol"...lol".

For APG, I prefer to see a smooth journey of inexhorable growth based on its fundamental strength, rather than a bang and fizzle to reach the same destination. It makes for a lot less pain in people's lives along the way.

The greatest enthusiast for APG is an accountant. This engineer studied some psych as well... and its hard to see how I have been particularly negative (let's just call it restrained euphoria). I'm not sure that you can so easily split supporters/detractors into some sort of objective/subjective dichotomy. :)

I'll stop all the philosophising now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.