CTP 7.69% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

Form 10-K: Dingo Gasfield only 18 Bcf NOT 30 Bcf as reported by CTP!, page-2

1. 11,785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6313
    A fair argument to push albeit from a negative view point. However, we already know that the 2 Dingo wells that did not require any remedial work flowed at almost double the rate expected. Then you have CTP stating the field contains 31PJ, or 29BCF. Then, you mention that no further drilling has been undertaken in 20-30 years. Yep, that because gas prices were ridiculously low, and locked in at those prices for decades. The market is very different today, CTPs contracts are indexed to CPI and are fixed price (at today's gas prices, not 20-30 years ago). The debt will slowly be eaten away by CPI and hopefully further assisted by more gas contracts into the future.

You seem happy to totally ignore the longer term potential of the gas fields if APA or another consortium build a pipleline to join NT and the Eastern Gas markets (which would then mean that CTP could sell any extra production into ever rising gas prices).

You also mention 3 wells capable of producing, CTP has stated that just 2 wells will be needed to meet the current sales arrangements. That implies that the 3rd well, if capable of producing, will enhance any returns on the acquisition.

Again on your statement about 20-30 years. Gas recovery techniques have improved dramatically since then.

So in summary.... CTP don't have to drill any further wells, so right now, so your point about wells being uneconomic is irrelevant. CTP have a sales contract so the gas will be bought and paid for, and unlike in the past, NT gas needs are changing, especially since mining operations are looking at reducing costs through gas power plants. btw, if in the future I am proven wrong in my arguments, I am happy to eat humble pie.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.004(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.8¢ $22.36K 454.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 104163 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 96150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.