FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

forty days and counting down..., page-26

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    wally,

Don't blame others for your investment decisions -- you are the one who listened. This was always a speculative stock, and obviously with big rewards comes the chance of failure. I lost money too (although free carried by trading over the last two years).

If you want a guaranteed return stick with the blue chips. You can't lose if you buy RIO, can you? Wait a mo, that's down from $88 in April to $69 now (21%). Well perhaps BHP then... oh, that's down from $49 in April to $37.50 now (23%). In the same period FAR has dropped from about 12 cents to 3.3 on the back of some bad news -- but that's what speccies do. On the other hand say they had hit the big time, and were now trading at over 20 cents... isn't that why you put your money in these things? Do you think RIO would be $150+, or BHP $100+ ? You were misled? You think they spend a million bucks a day drilling for fun? They got it wrong, that's all. Obviously if they get it wrong again you might start questioning their judgment, or perhaps your own -- but then again I wonder how much luck has to do with these things as well.

No, best stick to 5.5% pa term deposit from the banks if you want safe (NOT investment advice).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.