IOH 0.00% 70.0¢ iron ore holdings limited

Butchy,Foster's are shareholders in ioh. They appear in the last...

1. 2,973 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 618
    Butchy,

Foster's are shareholders in ioh. They appear in the last declared top 20 holders. They underwrote the $1.60 cap raising in 2009 and sold shares to 'private clients' so one can hardly place a great amount of weight to their reports.

Lets call it for what it is - a conflict of interest??? (Note - they do disclose it on their reports.....)

Regardless, we long-term holders (including your good self...) know the potential, and value, in ioh. Patience is the key. I have never really placed a great deal of weight in Fosters reports, taking only slightly more notice of the published Bell Potter reports (ioh website). The fact that they are both positive on ioh's future is reassuring, however I have always been a believer in dyor, and my research has always been that ioh has great potential.

Thankfully, AV and the team are now taking that potential to another level.

Let's face it, even now, ioh is still a highly speculative stock, and they still need certain things to fall in to place for them to achieve their objectives. However, in these times, the following elements above all else are critical to survival, and ioh ticks all the boxes -

* Cash
    * Strong Management
    * Focussed, and realistic, development plans
    * Growth potential (nice to see new tenements acquired in the latest quarterly)

The main issues moving forward for ioh are around rail and port access. Trucking ore is expensive (check out the diesel price in the Pilbara at the moment....) and Atlas recently made some valuable comments re the pricing difference between trucking and rail - the cost difference is significant. Based on a trucking plan, ioh need a higher price - the recent strength of the io price, and the aud dropping, all make for a potentially sound business case for investors - rail and port access would be icing on the cake and make io's projects no-brainers.

As the market becomes more confident with what ioh are doing, the share price will rise. We may be seeing some of this in the past week or so.

Regardless, I continue to be confident of ioh's future and continue to buy on the dips. But I have always been in for the long game.....

Cheers,
    Mac

Please dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.