Sahana, just because the US or Europe have millions of illegals...

1. 2,677 Posts.
    Sahana, just because the US or Europe have millions of illegals doesnt make it right. Sahana, as a matter of interest but the majority of australians are from somewhere else. The majority got here on their own merits not becuase they paid a people smuggler to help them and then duped them.

Europe and US are having major problems with these illegals. I dont think that opening the flood gates is the answer. You may describe things as draconian because you have a vested interest one way or another.

Why dont these illegals stay and fix there countries problems rather than running away. If Australia is draconian, what are the countries that these people leave.

What ever actions taken are in the interest in the 'greater good' rather than the individual needs. That is the requirement of government in democracy for the great good not pandering to individuals with individual agendas.

I am luck to live in a country like Australia and value may citizenship, value my right to comment on HC etc with out recourse except from the bleeding hearts that disagree.

As they say in the US, if you dont like it, you can leave.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.