ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

four months of continuous drilling, page-10

1. M1
    493 Posts.
    re: do the research Don't fall for the rampers; do the research and contact the company to confirm your suspicions/views one way or another and then make a judgement call. It's a shame when you read messages on hc about punters losing money because they fell for the ramp. But this is not just limited to trading shares, there are all sorts of cons out there waiting for those who are prepared to part with their hard earned dollars on ridiculous claims and what not. It's been said time and time again in this forum to research, research, research and then some and that can't be stressed enough.

One thing I'll say for Icon, is that they've been chasing success in Louisiana for years, at least since 1999 by my reckoning and have had all sorts of problems along the way. Those that have followed Icon for the duration know what's in store for them if they find oil there. Stocks like Icon are very much at the speculative end of the market which means the risks are great, but so too can be the rewards. Investors in these stocks take risks, there's no question about that, but the risks can be minimised by knowledge.

As for some of the callers on Icon in recent times it's clear that although they don't provide much information they definitely are in the know.

As for Icon's drilling campaign in Louisiana, most are really commenting on what they've read in the announcements from Icon and their joint venture partner Horizon. If you read both announcements you'll note that there is some room for interpretation as to the actual commencement of drilling of VFL#1. Icon said "In other operations in Bayou Choctaw, the Moncla drilling rig is preparing to move to the first location in the Victory Financial Lease in Bayou Choctaw." Horizon said that it should begin by mid-February.

There's nothing wrong with some interpretation especially if you take the time to call the company. Ray James the Director has always been prepared to discuss matters on the phone.

He's in the States now. I can advise that I've been trying to call the company every day since Wednesday and calls go through to the answering machine. That might suggest that staff are too busy or that they all went over. Who knows? One thing is certain though and that is Icon and Horizon both put out announcement's on the same day regarding drilling. It is a happening thing. Has it started? We'll know soon enough and if thay have begun then the three weeks will be over fairly quickly which will only spice up speculation about oil finds. Will they find oil? Time (3 wks) will tell soon enough. But they have done all the research, analysis and have very experienced partners on board to help them (CLK Energy). Do the research and then you'll quickly form an opinion about this stock. If it's not for you then that's ok, there are another 1800 or so out there to choose from. If it is for you then good luck.

Me, there's no way I'm selling at these prices. Cheers Pol

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.