LYC 0.16% $6.17 lynas rare earths limited

Interesting comments from JL."I think that the autocatalyst wash...

1. 5,056 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    Interesting comments from JL.

"I think that the autocatalyst wash coat market outside of China is covered predominantly by Solvay/Rhodia from France. I know that prior to Lynas’ startup Solvay/Rhodia was buying feed stocks entirely from China (I don’t know if Solvay/Rhodia ever bought anything from Molycorp).
    Because of Solvay/Rhodia’s dominant position in the autocatalyst washcoat business, and because of the tight specifications required by Solvay/Rhodia I don’t consider the demand for this product line to be competitive for new suppliers."
    http://investorintel.com/rare-earth-intel/jack-liftons-analysis-forecast-rare-earth-sector-2014/#comments"

JL mentions that Rohdia was buying "feedstock" entirely from China before Lynas startup. This to me suggests that Rohdia had to further process the "feedstock" to their specification.

I find this part of the last paragraph very interesting.
    "...because of the tight specifications required by Solvay/Rhodia I don’t consider the demand for this product line to be competitive for new suppliers."

Some posters here have questioned the validity of Lynas ability to produce REO to customer specification and dismissed it as nothing more than marketing BS.

One word,

RED

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.17
Change
0.010(0.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.767B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.22 $6.14 $10.91M 1.767M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12550 $6.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.18 124 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.