four vanadium frontiers for a changing market

1. 2,941 Posts.
    Be nice if YRR could get involved......

extract....

Four Vanadium Frontiers for a Changing Market
    Thursday February 7, 2013, 3:45am PST
    By Dave Forest - Exclusive to Vanadium Investing News

Vanadium frontiers

The threat of lost vanadium production from South Africa is prompting mining companies (and investors) to ask: what parts of the world could pick up the slack?

Australia is one answer. Atlantic (ASX:ATI) is ramping up its Windimurra vanadium mine, which is located 600 kilometers north of Perth and is Australia’s first significant source of vanadium output.

Windimurra achieved production in January 2012. It’s now ramping up to a capacity of 6,300 MT per year and expects to achieve that in the first quarter of 2013. That amount is equal to about 7 percent of worldwide supply and reaching it will thus be a globally significant milestone.

Australia’s vanadium deposits are very competitive in both size and grade. Windimurra hosts nearly 130 million MT of reserves grading 0.47 percent — higher than many deposits being developed in other nations. The grade and the open-pit design of the mine position it to be one of the lower-cost producers globally.

The Windimurra area also has potential for expansion, with Atlantic holding licenses over some 27 kilometers of potential mineralized strike length. The company has drilled 6 kilometers of strike and plans for the open pit to cover 4.2 kilometers.

Fortunis Resources (ASX:FOT) is also exploring this region for vanadium after completing a farm-in agreement in October 2012.

http://vanadiuminvestingnews.com/3172-vanadium-changing-market-united-states-australia-south-africa-energy-fuels-fortunis-evraz-sweden-atlantic.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $22.69K 1.514M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
42 10520751 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 2171501 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.