LKO 0.00% $1.00 lakes blue energy nl

fraccing moratorium

1. 11,084 Posts.
    Well, today I phoned Vic Govt.,(Minister Michael O'Brien) Fed Govt, (Minister Martin Ferguson's office) and Vic National Party to enquire more about fraccing moratorium.

It appears that we will be on hold at least till early December when the Fed Govt and the States discuss fraccing and CSG for consensus on legalities, environment, etc.

The thing is, that I was informed by Ferguson's office, that it is wholly and solely up to the Vic Govt., whether they impose or not, a Moratorium, ..... nothing to do with the Federal Govt.

It has apparently been brought about by the National Party's influence, but I'm still to talk to their Minister, ie., Peter Ryan, but have sent an email tonight asking for their attitude towards fraccing.

Also, today, I spoke to Rob Annels, and he told me that Beach has sent a well written letter to the Victorian Govt about this situation and pointing out the difference between Lakes/Beach fraccing, compared to CSG/CSM, but they have not been answered yet.(also with mention of "if Beach not wanted in Vic., , we can go elsewhere...", or words to that effect)

I don't know if it would make any difference, but IMO, I think LKO shareholders should be phoning and emailing pertinent Ministers or departments, and asking questions why an Australian company and its S/H's have been treated like this, by powers that really don't seem to know what they are doing and the effects they have had on same.

RAVI

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.