BRU 3.66% 7.9¢ buru energy limited

fraccing, page-15

1. 2,942 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I'm not sure about the actual fracting fluid and its composition but I read somewhere the actual liquid is not "toxic".
    I don't know how much liquid is actually used to fract. But more would be worse since there could be more to seep and much more costly for the company to purchase and use it.

Now the possibility of ground water contamination.
    1) If fracting fluid is non toxic, then filtration and sedimentation of water would be sufficient prior to consumption , if for irrigation I'd assume no treatment is necessary. So contamination MINIMAL.
    2) Drilling through rocks that are composed of toxic compounds, eg Selininides, Mercurous ,Cadmium, Lead etc could be an issue.
    HOWEVER most of these toxic substances are insoluble to such an extent that they can be easily filtered or settled.
    Think of Barium, all it's compounds are extreamly toxic, however Barium Sulphate is used as a contrasting agent in X-RAYS and people are made to drink it! Tell the greenies this!
    A geological analysis of rock core can detect such rocks.
    So contamination MINIMAL
    3) Actual emission of gas from aquifers, now all the carbon based gases are extreamly insoluble in water so they could bubble out of water taps etc. An extra step in water treatment would involve venting prior to water distribution and possible gas capture.
    Another constituent of gas wells is the mercaptans/thio's (sulphur gases). They are soluble and put out an extreamly bad smells. This can be removed by filtration. Contamination probable, remedy FEASIBLE .
    4) Contamination of water by Benzoids, cyclics and other such hydrocarbons.As people know petrol, kero etc float on water separation is simple and the small amount of dissolved hydrocarbons can be driven off by heating water and carbon filtration or similar. Contamination probable solution feasible , danger moderate. Important to remove!. If water is to be used for irrigation minimal risk.
    5) contamination of water ways, well I don't know if there are any water ways in a dessert! And if any gas/hydrocarbons entered the water gas would bubble off, hydrocarbons would float on water and evaporate as soon as it enters the stream. Contamination possible, solution NONE, damage relative to organisms present.

The people who are assessing BURU would be experts in their fields, the scientists would be looking at all possibilities. And these things I have itemised they should be assessing . IMO the fracting is going to happen!

Knowledge is all important and these environmental concerns are minimal IMO.If the reason BURU is falling due to this then when the facts are realised the price will SHOOT up, if there are other reasons then BURU's share price is up in the air.

CONFUSED( I have experience in chemistry and biochem.)

This post is my take on fracting and facts known to me about chemistry, if you invest in buru you do so on your own research and in no way hold me as swaying you!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.