XJO 0.16% 7,816.8 s&p/asx 200

Thanks wogboy, the more people contribute different ideas, the...

1. 1,239 Posts.
    Thanks wogboy, the more people contribute different ideas, the more diverse this thread will continue to be. The XJO thread is a little quiet these days so post away any thoughts you have. You may not be correct in every idea you post but you will learn from the long term XJOers ( or shadow dwellers ) who will critique your work.

On a side note, I must admit 9l and volts calculations wreck my Sunday morning trying to understand and draw what they are saying ( that is a joke 9L & Volt ). I for one do not understand a lot of it, however I was looking at key dates through out the year for repetitive turns. March is probably obvious to a lot of people out there but for those who are new trying to find there feet I thought I would share the below chart.

Now granted I am looking from a bears side, but I also believe the masses ( well XJOers anyway ) are seeing a bounce for the next 6 - 8 weeks from mid July leading into the weakest ( by % loss ) month of the year September.

I have put a vertical line through the Mid of March for the last 9 years to show how this period looks to be a turning point. The two pink lines are the XJO's current support and resistance lines and until either is broken I will be trading with both open positions, short and long.

The two green lines I am using are placed not quites at the tops and bottoms but in a range I like to trade. I expect
    if we break to the downside of the pink line we will be hitting the lower yellow line and retesting it as a support for the third time in 9 years.

This is very basic charting I provided for my neighbour last night who is entering the stock market for the first time.
    She basically asked is now a good time to buy. I believe for the next 2 months yes, but if you are looking for a long term buy and hold, no need to buy yet. She understands that I can only offer her basic advice from what I see so everyone DYOR before you buy or sell.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.