NEU 2.50% $15.59 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

What is the basis of your opinion for quoting $10-15k? I'll...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 656
    What is the basis of your opinion for quoting $10-15k?

I'll stick with projections based on comparisons as that is a sound valuation methodology. In that regard I have included some which were used to substantiate the BP $100k below.

FXS and Retts are diseases which have terrible serious side effects so there is no issue with reimbursement via welfare i.e. the parents are not "forking" out the $100-200k annually that is covered in part by the millions who do not suffer Retts and FXS. In short, that is social welfare.

Anyway, I am agreeable with lilypily, Tony and co. in that BP are being conservative and discounting the $$'s NEU could charge by a magnitude of circa 50% when quoting $100k. As I said I base this on actual comps in the orphan drug space and here are a few examples of existing drugs in the orphan space:

Cerezyme –Sanofi costs US$300k per patient and eliminates fatty clumps that damage the spleen,liver, lungs and bone marrow
    Elaprase –Shire Plc –costs US$375k per year and treats hunter syndrome that causes flattened noses and breathing and brain damages and is only 2k patient market.
    Cinryze –Viopharma costs US$417k per year and prevents hereditary angioedema which is swelling of the abdomen and lips
    Kalydeco –Vertex costs US$294k per year and targets a genetic defect at the heart of lung disease and cystic fibrosis

I think you'll find that they're compelling enough and relative to these the $100k quoted should be considered fair and reasonable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.59
Change
0.380(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $1.992B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.51 $15.82 $15.46 $11.26M 722.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 696 $15.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.67 6942 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.