Franchise Retail Brands is done by Bell Potter I am hearing and...

1. 5,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 189
    Franchise Retail Brands is done by Bell Potter I am hearing and will be underwritten and will be tight. This article is in the Courier Mail This Morning. I also heard that this will be coming to the market with a very decent EV and and PE. No other details apart from what I put here. If anyone else have any further info please share. Also heard that apart from the founders no other Seed or Pre IPO etc in this. Just the founders and their families only is the word. Another one to look forward to soon. Cheers

Sean Corbin, managing director of Franchise Retail Group, at 1582 Coffee. Picture: Annette Dew
    QLD Business
    Franchise Retail Brands sets sights on initial public offering in June
    Stephanie Bennett, The Courier-Mail
    April 14, 2017 7:10pm
    Subscriber only
    QUEENSLAND company Franchise Retail Brands has its sights set on a June initial public offering, with the business hoping to raise a $20 million float.
    Managing director Sean Corbin, previously chief executive of retail group Allied Brands, said the company had initially hoped for a December 2016 float after launching the company last August.
    “The goal proved to be too quick, there’s a lot of hoops you have to jump through, so we took a step back and decided to aim for June,” he said.
    Franchise Retail Brands has grand expansion plans in 2017, with six quick service restaurant brands in its portfolio – New York Slice, Hombre Street Food Café & Bar, 1582 Coffee, Sabatini’s, Crave Ice Creamery and The Dessert House.
    Mr Corbin said at least two more brands would be added and appear on the prospectus.
    “They are established, well-known brands,” he said.
    The company’s IPO will be the first for a Queensland company in 2017, and comes after a tough year in 2016.
    Only six companies listed last year, down on a yearly average of 10 since 2003.
    Brisbane-based exploration company Traprock Mining was due to list in December last year, before delaying until March 2017, and then withdrawing entirely.
    But Mr Corbin said Franchise Retail Brand’s strategy was strong, and he said he hoped it would establish itself as a “home” for growing brands, but is aiming not to have a series of brands which compete with each other.
    “Casual dining is increasing as part of Australia’s hectic lifestyle, and I don’t see that changing,” he said.
    Mr Corbin said the group has 50 shareholders at present.
    He said that Franchise Retail Brands hoped to open at least two stores per new brand this year in the eastern states of Australia, as well as growing its flagship acquisitions, Hombre Street Food Café & Bar and New York Slice.
    Last edited by Sensi: 15/04/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.