Fair enough, i always try to see it as being fair for everyone...

1. 4,757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 714
    Fair enough, i always try to see it as being fair for everyone in the tax system, lets face it the current system isnt.

I get why the people on higher incomes would be so angry and mad at the current system.

Sounds like i'm at the opposite end to the scales in terms of age and where you are.

The current system me and my partner fall into 2 different tax brackets, she is in the upper tax bracket and i'm in the lower tax bracket.
    When she sees the differance in the additional tax relief of being a lower earner and the refunds i get compared to her having to pay aďitional on top, lets just say she would rather not talk about nor know about it would be the polite way of putting it.

Thats a strong dislike for me is the current system, work hard, study hard and put in effort and you get penalised.

I do understand why the tax system is the way it is but it hardly makes it fair.

I do feel for the higher earners in this way and that is coming from a lowe income earner with the governemnt tax benefits due to the bracket i put myself in.

And further to this i can also salary sacrifice and get more too.

I wont comment on the super pension phase as i dont know enough about it, only to say these people would have worked all their life to get there and deserve some reward.

Rooks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.