Fraser Island debacle

1. 10,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    I actually thought that this would have already been discussed. Now the Queensland state government has got a lot of kudos for it's handling of the covid-19 situation. I personally believe there was a lot of luck involved also and helped by our climate to some extent. Outbreaks in South Africa in summer do make me think that our climate has not been as big a factor as I thought... but we had mistakes made in several institutions and never got bad outbreaks, even though infected staff worked for one to several days in those places!

I digress, but the point I want to make is that much of the Queensland public service is basically dysfunctional. I have seen many cases where the Department of Natural Resources (whatever it is called now ) has been totally useless. It appears the Parks and Wildlife Service were responsible for the fire in its initial stages and were too busy being woke to do anything about it! It also appears that fire access tracks and even breaks were not maintained etc etc

I am sure that other posters might be able to post some of the Links of the articles in the Courier-Mail. mail

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.