BFE 0.00% 1.3¢ black fire minerals ltd

fraser range-the big picture +maps

1. 11,511 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1153
    Well it seems I am not the only one who has been researching this ground.
    Apologies in advance for what is likely to be a long post which I hope at least is of interest to a few of you.This post grew out of many hours pondering the "big picture" for the Fraser Ranges.Along the way it developed from the following paths of research:
    1 Many hours searching historical records of previous exploration in the area.
    2 A fair few hours of basic reading about the Thompson Nickel Belt near Manatoba in Canada
    3 My long held realization that faults/structures are the "highways" by which mineralized magmatic fluids travel
    through the earth's crust.
    4 Some basic reading on the subject of demagnetized fault zones ie areas along faults with a very low magnetic signature.
    5 A number of hours tracking down the tenement holders in the area particularly those held by private companies which i thought might be obtainable by players in the area and putting together a few maps which helped me to build a visual image of the "big picture".
    IMHO The Fraser Ranges are basically the collision zone between the Archean Yilgarn Craton and the South Australian Craton and host a major NE-SW tensional transfer fault system which seems ripe to me to host multiple mineral deposits.

Digging back through historical records for the area around Nova showed very little exploration had been done and large parts of it remained unmapped even by GSWA.Large parts of the area to the east,south and north of Nova were held in the 90's by a company called Geographe Resources which farmed out a lot of it to Homestake Mining(now Barrick).The other person who seemed to have an outstanding knowledge and association with the area was Mark Creasy.In fact today the largest holding of leases in the area is by private Creasy companies.Two things obvious in all the discussion after Nova's discovery were that it appeared to be a new style of nickel mineralization not previously seen in Australia which resembled the Thompson Nickel Belt in Canada.
    A few observations about the Thompson Nickel Belt are that the nickel deposits were/are not limited to a single fault line but rather occurred within a series of roughly parallel fault lines over a broad area and that a number of these fault lines were described as demagnetized zones.At the same time most people(including myself)were focusing primarily on the Symonds Hill Fault Line which traversed the Nova block.It soon became apparent that Mark Creasy was not focusing just on that fault line and neither perhaps were SIR of which he is the largest shareholder and JV partner.Enquiries to a few companies in the Symonds Hill area led to one particular company acknowledging that their ground along the fault had a very low magnetic signature.
    Now for the first map of the tenement holders in the region
    with a focus on a corridor I identified as of interest for base metals.The orange pale red lines are the fault lines through the area.

Two things stood out for me,firstly the enormous area of ground held by private Creasy companies and secondly a large area of ground privately held northeast of Nova by another Pty Ltd company/individual marked as ???in the map,both of which straddled a number of SW-NE faults.You will notice in the dark olive coloured ???ground a small spot singled out.It turned out to be the location of a high nickel in soil anomaly(1640ppm)identified during broad 1km x 1km soil sampling by Geographe Resources and Homestead Mining which appears was never subject to follow up drilling.I have looked through most if not all of their old drill reports and could find no evidence of drilling at that location.
    The next map is from a 1998 report by Geographe Resources where the nickel anomaly is shown.Initially I thought (and hoped)it was on BFE ground but accurate overlaying of BFE's ground on to the original map(by someone much more skilled than me)showed that it lay just a few hundred metres off their ground:

The next map shows the location of BFE ,MAT and SIR's Nova in relation to the old map of Geographe Resources

Now I took the time to speak with a number of holders in the area particularly the private holder of the dark olive coloured ground .I received the following response to my enquiry to him."It's not available,it's sold I can't speak about it I can't discuss it." Using some lateral thinking I then began to wonder about who might have acquired it and why they weren't shouting it from the rooftop.The logical candidates were SIR,MAT and BUX. I contacted both BUX and MAT and both said they didn't acquire it. That left SIR as to my mind the only logical possibility.I tried to speak with SIR's MD regarding the block but was unable to do so .I left a message but have received no response as yet.If as I believe SIR likely acquired the ground then I expect that they will be obligated to acknowledge/announce it in their next quarterly cash report and if that is the case I expect strong interest to build in this area.In all fairness I must say I contacted the MD of BFE and he was of the opinion that their ground was more conducive to gold deposits than nickel.However given the strength of that anomaly I am of the mind "never say never".I have taken a position in BFE on that basis and on the basis that SIR's announcement in April of this year revealed their initial anomaly was 373ppm Ni

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BFE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.