"Fraud", page-41

1. 10,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1949
    Hi wowog. Yes, your right. Very difficult to fudge a loan application. UNLESS you're an experienced financier or, dare I say it, an experienced estate agent in the habit of coaching aspirant borrowers. Not that I'm condoning same, but creative licence is the name of the game here. In other words its not what 'you' look like par say, its what you look like on paper. And paper can be a deceptive instrument, which can't always be validated. Such manipulations have always been par for the course in the RE and finance industry, and all very well if you can actually service the loan. That said, in these cases the borrower is generally all too aware of what they are doing (the fudge). So it amuses me when they play the innocent, hard done by fool when the asset goes awry: and they blame the bank or finance institution for approving the loan in the hope of leniency. There are exceptions to the rule of course. Some uneducated folks are not aware that that the car salesman or low level finance officer is fudging the application in order to make a sale or improve their loan book average. And therein lies the real problem associated with the current Banking Commission.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.