free speech is dying!, page-25

1. 8,174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1112
    texasbbq, you claim to be 'all for free speech'. You then go on to say everyone is entitled to an opinion. You sound like a pillar of reason. But that's where it ends , because you then compare peoples opinions to 'a-holes' and declare that you don't want to see/hear it.

There's a very strong contradiction there that I'm sure you'll see if you look for it.

Texasbbq, if an entity feels so aggreived by anothers opinion that they go to such extreme measures to terrorise and silence them, then I fear for the integrity of the aforesaid entity.

We live in a civilised and supposedly free country where we pride ourselves on our hard won freedoms and our straightforward no nonsense approach. We call a spade a spade. But actions like this are the very things that undermine our freedoms.

In my considered opinion the action taken is so far out of proportion to the perceived insult that I fear for the mental state of the victims of this action.

Perhaps the aggressor should moderate their response. A court action can be reduced to mediation, however, a tragedy is always a tragedy and cannot be undone. No amount of hard words is ever worth a life. Yes, I speak of suicide.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.