Free Will, page-158

1. 4,481 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 636
    "Your free will is the ability to look at the 3 different maps whereas an animal would go by direct instinct."

It is your intelligence that enables you to look at and compare the 3 different maps, cuz.

If you don't know, then please believe me that choosing between ways for outcomes is not different from making a final decision. And while we are at it, please believe me that as someone who believes in the almighty God, it will be more compatible with that belief if you also embrace determinism.

Determinism doesn't touch the existence or non-existence of God. So for a theist like you can say that since God created the universe, it has been unfolding in the chain of cause and effect in line with the natural laws.

I can even back it up with some verses from the Bible, which show that it is not your choice or decision, but God's decision that you believe in Him.

Matthew 22:14 — For many are called, but few are chosen.

You have been called, and you may have been chosen too. Certainly it is not you decision, much less your free will.

John 15:16 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

That is clear that you became a believer not because you exercise your free will, but because of God's grace bestowed on you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.