Free Will, page-321

1. 6,566 Posts.
    I don't think we come here to incarnate. We are what we are, a one off, one time life-force that starts off as a physical being and there in lies the real question. Why are we physical if we are essentially spiritual? So you are not off topic because the major difference is likely to be that in this life we can exercise our freedom to choose. I don't imagine free will exists beyond our brief lives in a physical state.

Now we may or may not have an immortal spiritual component, but we live once, we begin at conception and then we may or may not continue on indefinitely added by who and what we made of ourself in this life. I don't think religion has much to do with it, but it could if handled properly.

I've written before about my mother's near death experience, which coming from a stringent atheist was something that shook her to the core.

I'm not sure that a real experience could be put into words, because it's otherworldly. It's the same reason that scripture is written in a poetic, symbolic, allegoric, metaphoric fashion. Whatever is experienced during near-death, and I don't doubt that people have had these experiences, but I think they become world-building stories in the retelling.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.