BPH 0.00% 1.8¢ bph energy ltd

Freedom of Information Request

1. 690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 303
    Hi Everyone,

As I noted on an existing thread, I contacted the BPH office at 11.30 am requesting a call back from David Breeze. David called back within an hour.

I asked David if there were any legal action, or other avenues that shareholders can take to publicly demand a response from Keith Pitt (much like he did to JB many months ago). David noted:
    - Legal action could be taken but would be expensive and potentially adverse to the operation/approval
    - We could submit a Freedom of Information Request in relation to the approval recommendation made by NOPTA to the JA

I have just submitted the below to KP (and a similar email to NOPTA via email [email protected]). By law they have to respond within 30 days of receiving the request.

7 October 2021

The Hon Keith Pitt MP

Commonwealth Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia

By email: [email protected] and [email protected]

Dear Minister,

NOPTA Recommendation for Petroleum Exploration Permit 11 (PEP11) Suspension, Extension and Variation

The National Offshore Petroleum Titles Administrator (NOPTA) handed down their recommendation to the Joint Authority, decision makers under the Offshore Petroleum Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006, of which you are apart, 350 days ago in regards to the Suspension, Extension and Variation application for Petroleum Exploration Permit 11 lodged by Asset Energy Pty Ltd on 23/01/2020.

Under the Freedom of Information Act 1982, I respectfully request a copy of NOPTA’s recommendation to the Joint Authority. Please provide such document to REMOVED.

Regards,

REMOVED

David also noted that he believes the minister (KP) is listening to the correspondence he is receiving via all avenues (including social media). On that note, I encourage anyone with the time to make a polite submission to the minister requesting that he hand down an approval decision on the application. In my opinion, anyone making a submission should leave out their shareholder status as this is irrelevant to the minister. Instead, make plea of the positive benefits that the approval will have for the whole of Australia.

David also noted that everything is moving ahead with the well as if the permit has already been accepted. Whilst the application is with the minister, the exploration permit remains valid. From this, I came to the realisation that it is likely that KP is dragging out the approval to allow time for exploration to continue. On this idea, no news is excellent news.

Apologies for the additional thread. I have done so, so I can provide an easy update when a response is received from the minister and NOPTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $76.88K 4.087M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 2017498 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 281843 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.