SVL 3.23% 16.0¢ silver mines limited

SVL is a speccy high risk Company. The markets are terrible at...

1. 407 Posts.

SVL is a speccy high risk Company. The markets are terrible at the present time and I can't see them getting any better soon. I try to be optimistic without being unrealistic. There are more losers than winners in this market.

As far as speccy Companies go, you are up against it.

No news= SP drifting lower
    Good news= Flat SP or maybe a slight increase
    Bad News= Sp gets smashed.

You need outstanding news to get the SP moving north.

Terrible odds in this day and age. I stay clear of speccy Cos. I have been burnt and I am too old in the tooth now to recoup losses in these speccies. Maybe if I was in my 20s I would have a punt on a Co such as SVL but it would only take up 5-10% of my portfolio.

Nathan has given buy recommendations and talked up the likes of OVR, BCC, MKO, MNB, CVE and PXG over the past couple of years and all of these have been smashed, although PXG has held up fairly well and is one with potential.

Not having a go at him but people need to look at the other side of the coin and think why is a poster such as Nathan talking up such a stock. If a stock is that good it does not need talking up. SVL is a wannabe producer and it COULD get there and if it does shareholders will be duly rewarded, however the chances of that happening are slim. The amount of speccies that turn into producers are few and far between. Combine that with the woeful markets and you are up against it. For me there are cheap commodity producers out there who are making good $$. These are the ones I prefer. I guess every ones risk profile is different but I get tired if reading on here how people have lost $$ on speccies such as SVL and then moan and start finger pointing.

Nathan don't take this as a personal attack as I am sure you have uncovered some gems.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.0¢
Change
0.005(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $241.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.5¢ 16.5¢ 15.5¢ $409.0K 2.553M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 206187 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 941680 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.