BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

That's an interesting insight about how a retail investor views...

1. 50 Posts.
    That's an interesting insight about how a retail investor views Biota, and I'm sure your experience has been replicated by many.

Perhaps I don't understand Biotechs and should not have invested in Biota.

I do however hold a senior management position in a financial institution with assets of over $450m (which is quite small for the sector)and so have a reasonable understanding of business. Whilst my company is not a listed company, we have accountabilities to stakeholders.

If I was to head any given project and told my CEO that I didn't know when I could have it completed, he would ask for a timeline (and quite reasonably so), and would regularly seek progress against that timeline.

As for Biota (and perhaps Biotechs in general?)it feels to me, as a stakeholder, that I simply have to be patient whilst the men and women in their white lab jackets go about their scientific research with an open cheque book and no deadline to achieve their work. To me they don't seem to appreciate that they run a business.

I still believe the Biota story, but I believe that their communication with shareholders is lamentable, and therefore making informed decisions is difficult.

Yep, I did know they were speculative when I bought them, so excuse me having a grizzle! I'll try to bite my tongue if they drop below $1 - tomorrow looks distinctly possible!

Anyone reading shouldn't be influenced by this post. DYOR - these things could go very strongly either way from here! Good luck to anyone trading!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.