QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

I haven't had the same experience as Kat. I'm an NZ resident. I...

1. 35 Posts.
    I haven't had the same experience as Kat. I'm an NZ resident. I have a $75/month 30gb plan with Orcon. This includes the landline and free national call up to 1h. I stream movies and TV frequently. There is absolutely no problem with speeds. We often go close to but don't exceed our limits. If we did it is only $99/month for unlimited. I'm pretty sure most other companies have similar plans. Plan availability varies from area to area though.
    Average internet speeds in NZ is 4Mbps. Only 1.5Mbps is needed for streaming QFX. Sadly zero rating for Quickflix got scrapped some time ago :(.

But before you Aussies get too patronizing:

In NZ crown fibre holdings is currently unrolling its fibre UFB. This entails providing 75% of new Zealanders with internet speeds in excess of 100Mbps. This project should be finished by 2020.

Comparing UFB (Kiwi) to NBN (Aus):

New Zealand / Australia

30Mbps/10Mbps (GPON) / 12Mbps/1Mbps

100Mbps/50Mbps (GPON)/ 25Mbps/5Mbps

100Mbps (GPON/P2P) / 25Mbps/10Mbps

1Gbps (P2P) / 50Mbps/20Mbps

10Gbps (P2P) / 100Mbps/40Mbps

"It seems to me that NZ has the edge on all fronts here, with a faster entry level service, more symmetrical options, and a faster maximum speed range. I am not sure why the NBN has chosen to go with asymmetrical speeds across the board, or why they have tapped out before surpassing 100Mbps download. Business needs are the same across both countries, so I don’t see how demand can be met through the Australian offering, but it does seem to suggest that existing networks have a substantial market space to keep a share of in that market... The NZ UFB rollout is far more advanced than its Australian counterpart"

http://www.istart.co.nz/index/HM20/AL213/AR216089

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.