The defence is a HUGE concern. Letting teams score far too...

1. 1,905 Posts.
    The defence is a HUGE concern. Letting teams score far too easily. Freo were very good with many players out just like us but they handled it better because those who came in played pressure football. I don't think the answer is to have Krakouer and Didak both playing because neither of them tackle or apply any forward pressure which creates scoring opportunities.

Ball and Beams will make a difference, as will Goldsack, Young and Keefe. But I don't expect Beams will be the player he was last year after missing so many training sessions with the strained quad. I hate to say it but I think the Pies are done for season 2013 and only a miracle will save us this year. I haven't totally given up but I suspect we won't beat either Geelong or the Swans in the next two weeks which will leave us at 4-5 so top 4 is out and you can't win it from outside the top 4 in my opinion (and going by the stats) But, it's been a pretty good run since 2007 so that's just how the cookies crumbles. At least I was there in 2010 to witness a Premiership (and 1990) I'd LOVE more now but I can wait. Supporters of other clubs have not been as lucky.

I LOVE Buckley, but unless he starts focusing on defence he will remain without a Premiership medal...

Ross Lyon is a terrific Coach but he's been to 3 Grand Finals and come away with zero so he's not a GREAT Coach yet. But I suspect his time will come because his focus on defence is second to none and that's usually what wins on the last day in September.

Go Pies.

Pete

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.