AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

French Connexion Au Congo

1. 2,823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4669
    https://www.tresor.economie.gouv.fr/Pays/CD/breves-economiques-de-rd-congo

Just thought I would plonk this here to keep an eye on the French economic move on DRC since the last election.

They are looking deadly serious focussed on DRC minerals, in reference to their European alliance scheme for a fully integrated EV battery value chain:

Upstream, securing supply of raw materials (cobalt, lithium and graphite) will be crucial for the development of the sector.”

It is looking bright with French enthusiasm as the article moves onto the Congo latest activities………. (There is a lot here and some will need google chrome for translation)

Of particular note, is something we’ve endlessly speculated here about, and that is CATL.

The French Government ministry of Economy and Finance journalists seem to be very privy to some details we have been kept unclear about and some we know…………… my question is what do the French want to do about it

That the Australians and Canadians (TTX?) have struggled to find finance in Manono.

The article states as a fact that CATL (and Huayou) is invested in AVZ. It’s not stated how CATL are invested in AVZ in this article but it rates just like Huayou………….. and at first I thought they might mean TTX (Ruihua shell) but there is no reference to TTX except ‘Canadian’ whereas AVZ the company rates a clear mention.

Earlier in the piece it is made clear this is the first time in 7 years for such a strong French presence in the Congo and their vision of cooperation with DRC officials is multifaceted for the DRC………….. Further to that there was much discussion on the DRC mining week............ This French Government newsletter made special mention of on the sidelines hot topics of cobalt and lithium.

On the sidelines of this event, several interesting debates on the future of the mining sector and in particular on the implementation of the new mining code and on securing the supply of minerals necessary for the manufacture of batteries for electric vehicles (cobalt and lithium)”

Upon reading this, IMO, it is clear the French are acutely aware of the value of AVZ’s Manono to warrant such a mention in this June 2019 ‘Economic Newsletter’

All IMO & DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.