french hostages...will usa help, page-21

1. 4,434 Posts.
    Ahhhh, the old scarf versus the D-cup trick! I wonder which came first, and I mean the scarf or the attack? (on the brith palce of the scarf-wearers) And by whom? The D-cups or the scarf wearers?

France had no problem with the scarf until the attack on Iraq (I'll let you guess by whom, though guessing is easier than thinking)
    Then, France, as an effort to show those who thought that the war was a religious one, declared its view that France wished to withdraw from ANY religious wars and that religion should be a matter of the heart rather than one of exhibition. Silly, I know but right now, they wanted to get out of religious exploitation... No scarves, no D-cups, no crosses, no bananas around a neck to show who your God is.

The business of hostages versus scarves will be negotiated - probably not on these grounds but on others (back door weeling and dealing, much like they did with the other hostages which were released).
    After that, there will be little else for the dfenders of their nation to worry about. If the scarves are granted to their women, well what else would they want and why did they not want it so far? The "Hostages" thing can only work so far and it is also a two-way sword. It can well backfire.
    In this case, I believe that a Mullah of some sort will order the fighters to release the journos. That could well be Sistani.
    I won't go on because I know Charlie's head is splitting with all this wit smacking it all around!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.