The home game in finals issue goes way back. When the eagles...

1. 420 Posts.
    The home game in finals issue goes way back. When the eagles finished high enough such that their first game of the finals played a team lower than them, had to play the game at the MCG (if my memory serves me correctly). Now this was unfair, and forced change in the following seasons by the AFL.

With Geelong being as successful as they have been in recent times, appearing in many finals over the past couple of decades, they have played home finals at Melbourne grounds against Victorian teams numerous times without any real benefit. They probably went to the afl and said "what do we need to do that guarantees us proper home final games when they have been earnt. Obviously the huge injections of funds at their ground secured this right and good luck to them.

I heard an interesting statistic today on the radio, something like.... Ross Lyons has won 80% (cant recall the exact figure stated) of the games he has coached played at Geelong, and all of the games since coaching Freo. If this is correct Freo have nothing to worry about.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.