ubagreed - quite an interesting thread but i think most are just...

1. 165 Posts.
    ub

agreed - quite an interesting thread but i think most are just highlighting some of the pitfalls that may exist

probably the most disconcerting thing i've witnessed is the approach adopted by some professional advisors - that is; drp / average down / regular ongoing investments in downward spiralling funds - really really frightening in that individuals accept the advice of professionals (at a massive premium) who in turn take an incredibly hands off aproach yet still collect their 2% trails

the individual thinks their fund is being 'professionally managed', yet in reality, the advisor does nothing other than place the funds in a multitude of managed funds and then does absolutely nothing - usually via a wrap account (because of a paper warfare that they created) that has it's own fees - and i've been quoted by an advisor that a 'wrap account forces a client to deal with an advisor' - ie the advisor becomes indispensible because they have created a shroud of complexity that never should have existed ...........

i could go on bur err - i'll just get off my soapbox now

cheers

mk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.