LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

Hi Champee, a couple of things, firstly I’m not a professional...

1. 833 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 588

Hi Champee, a couple of things, firstly I’m not a professional whose been in the industry for a long time. My history is only that I worked for around 10 years in AGL in the 80’s and 90’s, and I have held shares in gas companies since that time, including AGL, STO, ORG and LNG.

As far as long term professionals, from what I read on the threads, I would consider Timbo and jkerr as professionals with experience in this industry, but that doesn’t stop me from questioning their posts.

When AGL brought in their restructuring in the 90’s I took redundancy and soon after started my own business, after a couple of years of that I got a job teaching for 5 years, then I began investing in shares more seriously in 2013 and LNG was one of the first companies I bought. That’s the extent of it, at the time I just put all my energy into researching companies and industries and going surfing.

Whether or not GV closes a deal?? Thats a good question, unfortunately after his comments and speculation over the last three years I couldn’t tell you if he speculates as much to himself as he does to us (shareholders), and it’s worth remembering that he applied for, and was granted, a waiver to ASX Listing Rule 10.18 so he keeps all his entitlements whether he gets the job done or not.

As the years role on I don’t have the same energy to put into researching companies as I used to and I really appreciate informative posts that are relevant to the company. I post facts to balance out the information that gets posted by others on a regular basis. Two posters’ in particular, on LNG’s threads were saying 6 months ago that the trade war would be over, and that it wouldn’t have much effect on LNG’s chances of signing BTA’s. Now it’s a constant barrage of what the trade negotiators say one minute to the next, but never any references to other global issues that the ‘Donald’ is pushing for.

China is on the move, it’s looking to become the world’s biggest economy, and it’s trying to expand its footprint in the region in areas including military and infrastructure. The ‘Donald’ knows this, and whether or not he’s more interested in slowing their progress, or just, as he says, “Making America great again” is another question to consider.

The biggest sticking points I know regarding the trade dispute revolve around the fact that the ‘Donald’ wants to put his own rules, penalties, and adherence and monitoring policies on China including IP, manufacturing, security and defence, and that includes China’s increasing influence in the South Pacific and South European regions.

The latest news is that China has softened their stance somewhat since the ‘Donald’ has been cleared of collusion with Russia and they know they have to deal with him for a few more years. No doubt this will be splashed across the threads in extra large print now, but if you want to consider what is going on in the industry and what deals are being done, don’t be distracted by the large print. The large print is all speculation!!!!

When I look at oil and gas industries I see the US now being the largest oil producing country in the world. They have so much of it that they don’t need to import as much and the OPEC countries and Russia have to cut production or there will be a global glut and prices will fall again, especially when there is talk of a global economic slowdown. The ‘Donald’ wants this because the US can produce it cheaper and they use more than any other country. OPEC and Russia need higher prices because it costs them more to produce, so at the moment the ‘Donald’ is telling them to produce more and they don’t want to, unlike the days when they produced it cheaper.

We know gas is indexed to oil, and the US can produce gas cheaply as well, and we know the difference between the two is that the US can turn its oil taps on and off quite easily and regulate the amount going to market (which is why it is range bound) where as LNG plants haven’t been built yet so the glut issue is more open to opinions.

What I realise is that LNG is a small company and it is up against other projects backed by oil and gas majors including Exxon Mobil, Royal Dutch Shell, Total, BP and a few others. We are backed by IDG who by comparison are an investment company looking to break into the energy sector.

Sorry I’ve gone off track a bit Champee, I just wanted to give you some different perspectives to compare to those made regularly by posters who said the trade war would be over 6 months ago!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.