SHV 11.6% $3.95 select harvests limited

Just want to make it clear, I have no current sentiment on the...

1. 290 Posts.
    Just want to make it clear, I have no current sentiment on the stock.... it could only be a higher risk buy, if someone wanted to buy it was my point.

Personally, I was glad to see the swift action from the Executive Chair and do note how odd it was for a long term MD to be effectively out of the business without planning or notice immediately....he owns quite a bit of stock too...

I made a few bucks on the ABB which the current chair built up before it got taken over...I couldn't think of a better man currently for the job...Select is lucky to have him

With regard to processing volumes, the graph from Select's presentation shows a surprising relative stability in processing volumes, at least compared to this year...there are still reductions of course....

Sadly, SHV's profitability in 2013 when the first WA crop comes online, will probably hinge on a lower $ and maybe higher almond price....substantial movements either way will magnify profitability, since SHV owns the land and the entire chain now........of course, being indebted means that moves of profitability in the other direction may quickly turn terminal....

It's possible I will buy more stock in the 'selling season' in June but that will depend on forming a firm view of the stock and the risk/reward profile...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.95
Change
0.410(11.6%)
Mkt cap ! $478.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.65 $3.96 $3.65 $1.359M 352.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 876 $3.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.96 1147 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.