CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

Fwiw, there are no overlapping tenements at Kingaroy and in the...

1. 37,782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 415

Fwiw, there are no overlapping tenements at Kingaroy and in the current environment it would appear incredibly churlish if any CSG application was now to be received imo.

I believe that commonsense will prevail ... CSG and UCG can co-exist in many tenements ... regulators will wake up to the fact that for every 500 km2 CSG operation, a calorifically equivalent UCG operation would require just 30-35 km2 in the metaphoric corner, all things being equal!

There is no logical reason to think that Queensland isn't big enough for CSG and UCG ... this isn't the Wild West and viable alternative industries dont get run out of town because of a couple of greedy ranchers!

In current global circumstances where corporate greed is being questioned and discarded as an apppropriate business model, aggressive politicing from the likes of BG is on the nose imo.

The Queensland Govt should grow a spine. After the failed bid for Origin, BG's desperate lunge for QGC says to me they wont "walk" from a $15bill investment in CBM LNG if they dont get exactly what they want from the Queeensland Govt.

I understand a thorough review of GSG/UCG is underway in Queensland and is due for release later this year or early in the New Year.

There are many ways to read LNC's recent dummy spit ... one being to exert some decent pressure on the Qld Govt.

Interesting (if not nervous) times lol.

Regards
    Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.