LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

As contained in today's Eureka Report by Madeleine...

1. 568 Posts.
    As contained in today's Eureka Report by Madeleine Heffernan:
    (following are excerpts. Eureka report offers a free trial but is worth the subcription)

http://www.eurekareport.com.au/

"Peter Bond told Eureka Report yesterday (January 20) that Linc was “still confident” an asset sale for about the same price would take place in late January or early February. How long will investors have to wait? Bond says: “It’s still going ahead and we’re getting traction on those negotiations.”

Although Xinwen is “still in the mix”, Bond says the company is talking to several parties. “The deal with Xinwen allowed us to shop around to other parties, so we’ve always had that right and we’ve always walked along that path.”

The other parties are not all Chinese, Bond says. “There are a number of Chinese, a number of large local mining groups, a few other overseas mining groups. I couldn’t tell you the number; it may be seven or so.”

Is the figure still $1.5 billion? “We’re still managing around 1.5. We haven’t done the final negotiation with a number of parties, so we don’t know what their bids will be, but that’s still about the number we’re talking.”

Bond says he would like to see the bulk of deal completed by the end of this month, but "you don’t want to tie yourself too much to deadlines in this market”.

I believe we'll see less than a dollar SP if Xinwen or equivalent doesn't happen. Maybe a 50c SP.
    For those on this forum who are sceptical that the Xinwen decision will be a critical deal for Linc's SP, here are are a couple of other commentators who attach lot of weight to the outcome:

"Jeremy Tobias, the renewable energy and clean tech analyst with BBY, said in a recent note that Linc's “key short-term milestone” was finalising the $1.5 billion deal."

"The oil analyst at Southern Cross Equities, Johan Hedstrom, says given the delays, it's fair enough for people to be sceptical. “In this market you’ve got to ask: why would the Chinese pay so much? So I think they are delaying it because they are having second thoughts about paying that much money.” (International gas prices have fallen roughly in line with oil.)"

"Elio D’Amato of Lincoln Indicators says if the Linc deal falls through, it would not necessarily bring the sector to a halt. “Would it be the end of UCG? I doubt it. But obviously it’s a significant amount of money so if that falls through, then obviously it’s going to put a dent on Linc Energy’s ability to fund its developments,” D’Amato says."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.