XJO 1.34% 7,971.1 s&p/asx 200

When looking at any miner, make sure to take a look at their...

1. 1,409 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    When looking at any miner, make sure to take a look at their ASIC (All in sustaining costs), that tells you how much it costs them start to finish to mine 1oz of gold/silver etc...

GOR & EVN have some of the best ASIC costs in the industry, therefore as the price of gold appreciates, they will see huge profits.

There is a few other aussie miners that are positioned well.

Another thought is that, all of a sudden junior miners will become hugely profitable (relatively considering their size) and that would also be a good spec play.

My money is on aussie gold miners and silver juniors (SILJ etf).

Be aware of a few risks:
    - Geopolitical: You don't want to own any miner that has the majority of their gold operations in risky countries like South America, PNG area, Africa etc.. When countries start to go bankrupt or need quick money (especially since POG is increasing) they can simply seize all gold and nationalise miners through hefty taxes and fees. DYOR on countries with swap lines.

- The paper markets generally have HSBC or Deutsche Bank as the Custodian of gold (DYOR on what that means), they are probably the 2 riskiest banks of collapse right now.

- Everyone is super bullish on gold right now, literally the index was at 100 a few days ago.

Anyways thats some of my thoughts for those interested
    Last edited by crosek: 17/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.