XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

It's come with years of experience....and a long break in...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    It's come with years of experience....and a long break in between. I just started trading again earlier this year. Last year, I spent the year just re-studying the market, doing paper trades, and only started when I was confident and had the mind space to do it again.

I knew I wasn't going to leverage. I knew I had missed some of the bull market from 2009 lows. I knew I was going to start trading again at the worst possible time. Trading the last bear market was just too stressful and knew I didn't want that in my life again.

But my time away was good for me.

I've traded the ups and downs....with a couple of mistakes in between. But nothing major.

I know myself well enough that if I feel stressed about my position it is because I am not confident about it.....so get out when possible with minimal damage. And sometimes, my play does eventually work out....but I got in too soon. I don't dwell on those. There's always something else.

I'm not reliant on the market for a living....but my profits have helped pay off some debts and do some renovations around my house.

I'm close to having enough to do some major work to the 2nd floor of my house. And that's enough for me for now.

The next bull market, I will work harder on saving for retirement.....which for me, isn't far away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.